HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats Ur Religion  (Read 3672 times)
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2007, 07:11:33 pm »

punkrocksavior said:
SixStringSamurai said: Just to shed some light on something that was stated earlier. The term "atheist" was first used by the Roman Empire to describe Christians. The Romans considered Christians to be hater's of the gods and men because they deneyed the concept of Polytheism. Atheist: antithetical to the belief in gods, and in modern times one god. Originally it was only used in referrence to those who believed in one god and rejected all others.
T.U.L.I.P::animatedlaugh
Total depravity
Unconditional election
Limited atonement
Irresistible grace
Perseverance of the saints
That came around with the reformation...waaaay later. John Calvin.
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2007, 07:13:21 pm »

trahecorporum said:

SixStringSamurai said: Just to shed some light on something that was stated earlier. The term "atheist" was first used by the Roman Empire to describe Christians. The Romans considered Christians to be hater's of the gods and men because they deneyed the concept of Polytheism. Atheist: antithetical to the belief in gods, and in modern times one god. Originally it was only used in referrence to those who believed in one god and rejected all others.

Or, if you take into account it's technical definition...
In Latin, atheo.
A (or ab, in some cases) meaning 'from' or 'away from'...
+
Theo, which refers to things pertaining to theology, or metaphysics.
Yes, thats the point I was making. In the mind of a Roman the Christian faith was going away from what they considered to be theology.

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2007, 07:14:07 pm »

trahecorporum said:

punkrocksavior said:

T.U.L.I.P::animatedlaugh
Total depravity
Unconditional election
Limited atonement
Irresistible grace
Perseverance of the saints

That came around with the reformation...waaaay later. John Calvin.
Yes, we are aware of that. Its an inside joke.

OzzyIronPriest

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2007, 07:14:36 pm »

cammocommando said: Not having a religion means u r atheiust, that is the third time i have had to post this, u r all soo fuking dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only from the mind of a 14 year old.....

My parents took me to a Catholic church....I don't have a religion now...I'm definitely not atheist however....sheeeeeesh!!!
You can post the same response if you want....for a 4th, 5th, or 33rd time if ya want.....not having a religion does not equate to being atheist....If I'm fukin dumb in your all knowing 14 yo eyes so be it...but I bet my 13 yo son could give you a run for your money...autism and all!!   :-P

Work Hard, Play Hard, Rock Hard, Love Always!!

Were Gonna Rock You till your Metal Hearts are Fed!!  ::sinister
Linnylikewingy

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2007, 07:14:52 pm »

Am I the only Satanist in this entire thread?!

« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2007, 07:16:36 pm »

SixStringSamurai said:
trahecorporum said:
In Latin, atheo.
+
Yes, thats the point I was making. In the mind of a Roman the Christian faith was going away from what they considered to be theology.
True. They were actually fairly accepting of the Jewish faith during the intertestimonial period...It wasn't 'til they started suspecting that the Christians (and Zealots, who were often Jewish or Christian) were threatening their power that they cracked down on them.
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2007, 07:20:05 pm »

trahecorporum said:

SixStringSamurai said:

trahecorporum said:

In Latin, atheo.
+

True. They were actually fairly accepting of the Jewish faith during the intertestimonial period...It wasn't 'til they started suspecting that the Christians (and Zealots, who were often Jewish or Christian) were threatening their power that they cracked down on them.
Nice to see someone who know's their Bible history on here. The Jews did eventually rebel at Masada but they were slaughtered.

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2007, 07:26:00 pm »

SixStringSamurai said:
trahecorporum said:
SixStringSamurai said:
trahecorporum said:
In Latin, atheo.
+
Nice to see someone who know's their Bible history on here. The Jews did eventually rebel at Masada but they were slaughtered.
Nice to see we agree on something for a change.
And thanks.
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2007, 07:30:50 pm »

trahecorporum said:

SixStringSamurai said:

trahecorporum said:

SixStringSamurai said:

trahecorporum said:

In Latin, atheo.
+

Nice to see we agree on something for a change.
And thanks.
Ah well, we really haven't disagreed on too much. The only thing I can recall is that retarded Dimmu conversation, but anyway, good day!!!!!

thedeadlypoet

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »

I believe in my Native American religion
DaniCarnage

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2007, 07:54:22 pm »

MVP said:
DaniCarnage said: Im a Thelemite

What the hell is that? Tel a what?

wikipedia it.... I follow Crowleyan Thelema...

« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2007, 08:03:11 pm »

pagan here Smiley
L???????Zz????

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2007, 08:04:35 pm »

waste of time in life

::animatedsmile
JiveTurkey

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2007, 08:31:37 pm »

I really don't give a shit about religion. I'm an apatheist, I guess.

SaraJ

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2007, 08:37:06 pm »

Still following Saraism.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: