HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoked about Testament's new shit? Me too.  (Read 431 times)
« on: June 24, 2007, 02:50:21 pm »

"According to the organizers of the Earthshaker Fest, which is being July 19-21 in Kreuth, Germany, veteran San Francisco Bay Area metallers TESTAMENT will perform a special show at this year's event that will include an exclusive world premiere of brand new tracks for the band's forthcoming album.

TESTAMENT will close the second day (July 20) at this year's Earthshaker Fest.

For more information, visit www.earthshaker-fest.com.

Original TESTAMENT members Alex Skolnick (guitar), Chuck Billy (vocals), Greg Christian (bass), and Eric Peterson (guitar), along with new drummer Nick Barker (ex-DIMMU BORGIR, CRADLE OF FILTH), have finished writing more eight or nine songs for the group's long-awaited follow-up to 1999's "The Gathering". Tracking is scheduled to begin later this summer for a tentative late 2007/early 2008 release.

In a recent interview with RockConfidential.com, Chuck Billy stated about the new TESTAMENT material, "The music is very heavy but it's very catchy. Eric's got some really catchy riffs. The vocals are real melodic with some catchy hooks. It's really heavy. It's something new. Nick, coming from a black metal background, is adding that spark that we needed. It's a fresh breath of life to our writing. In the past couple of years we've written some songs but they weren't up to par with "The Gathering". Those songs just went in the trash. We just started over when Nick came into the picture. We're on a roll and the songs are turning out really good. . . [Lyrically] it's gonna be covering a lot of stuff, things we've experienced in life. Especially my illness, the cancer, and what I went through. I had some healing sessions and did a lot of sweat lodges with some indians and medicine men. I'm sure I'll be talking about my experiences with the medicine men. My father and Eric's father both passed away within the past couple of years. The war in Iraq. We'll be talking about those issues. It's things that people deal with in everyday life. We've gone away from the cliche gloom-and-doom lyrics, the typical heavy metal lyrics."

TESTAMENT is currently unsigned in the U.S. and Europe after parting ways with Spitfire Records earlier in the year (the Spitfire Records catalog was acquired last summer by Redux Records, the company formerly known as Sheridan Square Entertainment). A Japanese deal with Universal remains intact.

Spitfire released a TESTAMENT compilation, "The Spitfire Collection", in February. Consisting of tracks from such Spitfire titles as "The Gathering", "Demonic", "Live at the Fillmore", "First Strike Still Deadly" and "Live in London", the 14-track set chronicles an era that ultimately saw the original TESTAMENT reunite for a successful 2005 tour."
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 02:57:32 pm »

This message is going to anyone going to the Jersey stop of SOTU...Fuck you you lucky sombitches! LOL
Let me know how they do.
SlayerFan4Life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 03:23:28 pm »

TheExpendableYouth said: This message is going to anyone going to the Jersey stop of SOTU...Fuck you you lucky sombitches! LOL
Let me know how they do.

that's me ::finger

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 03:25:01 pm »

The played in Molesto a while ago (about an hour away from me)...but I was out of town. Out of country, actually. Shit buckets.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 03:26:08 pm »

TheExpendableYouth said: This message is going to anyone going to the Jersey stop of SOTU...Fuck you you lucky sombitches! LOL
Let me know how they do.

Yeah... that's fucked up. Just one date? When I read that at the SOTU site, I was pissed.

SlayerFan4Life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:26:13 pm »

trahecorporum said: The played in Molesto a while ago (about an hour away from me)...but I was out of town. Out of country, actually. Shit buckets.

Molesto? ::animatedlaugh am i the only one that finds that funny?

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:26:55 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
Let me know how they do.

Yeah... that's fucked up. Just one date? When I read that at the SOTU site, I was pissed.
That would have been an incentive for me to goto SOTU this year. Too bad.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 03:27:46 pm »

SlayerFan4Life said:
trahecorporum said: The played in Molesto a while ago (about an hour away from me)...but I was out of town. Out of country, actually. Shit buckets.

Molesto? ::animatedlaugh am i the only one that finds that funny?
It's actually Modesto...but we all call it Molesto. Nastly little town. Lotsa man-walkers.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 03:28:27 pm »

trahecorporum said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Let me know how they do.

I'm still going to Sounds of the Underground. I would have been way more psyched for it if Testament were playing my date.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 03:29:29 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
trahecorporum said:
CannibalCorpse said:
Let me know how they do.

I'm still going to Sounds of the Underground. I would have been way more psyched for it if Testament were playing my date.
Eh. Too much hardcore for me this year. It's all hot topic's fault. Last year it was more Metal Blade, so the lineup was bomb.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 03:33:05 pm »

trahecorporum said:

CannibalCorpse said:

trahecorporum said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Let me know how they do.

Eh. Too much hardcore for me this year. It's all hot topic's fault. Last year it was more Metal Blade, so the lineup was bomb.

Agreed. There's always been too much hardcore, because it's the "Hardcore/Metal,US/Canadian tour." I'm still going because I really want to see GWAR again, Shadows Fall, Chimaira, Amon Amarth especially, Job For a Cowboy and Goatwhore. So, there are quite a bit of bands I want to see. All though, there are more bands I DON'T want to see. It's fun to see the fans of those shitty bands get beat up, though.::sinister

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 03:38:19 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
trahecorporum said:
CannibalCorpse said:
trahecorporum said:
CannibalCorpse said:
Let me know how they do.

Agreed. There's always been too much hardcore, because it's the "Hardcore/Metal,US/Canadian tour." I'm still going because I really want to see GWAR again, Shadows Fall, Chimaira, Amon Amarth especially, Job For a Cowboy and Goatwhore. So, there are quite a bit of bands I want to see. All though, there are more bands I DON'T want to see. It's fun to see the fans of those shitty bands get beat up, though.::sinister
No kidding. Last year, I went with my friend Jo (who stood out like a sore thumb 'cause she's preppy) and we passed idle time by counting the amount of women's pants on guys. It came to about 12. They all got picked on, and it was great. That's my story.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 03:42:48 pm »

trahecorporum said:

CannibalCorpse said:

trahecorporum said:

CannibalCorpse said:

trahecorporum said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Let me know how they do.

No kidding. Last year, I went with my friend Jo (who stood out like a sore thumb 'cause she's preppy) and we passed idle time by counting the amount of women's pants on guys. It came to about 12. They all got picked on, and it was great. That's my story.

Well last year was probably the funniest for me, too. There were some guys(in girls' pants and Evergreen Terrace shirts) who got their asses kicked when everyone booed the band and the vocalist went "Well, at least we have some fans," stupidly pointed to the guys wearing their shirt. Man, those guys got their asses handed to them!::animatedlaugh Also, pretty much everyone left when As I Lay Dying hit the stage, right after In Flames. The band was pissed.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 03:44:38 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
trahecorporum said:
CannibalCorpse said:
trahecorporum said:
CannibalCorpse said:
trahecorporum said:
CannibalCorpse said:
Let me know how they do.

Well last year was probably the funniest for me, too. There were some guys(in girls' pants and Evergreen Terrace shirts) who got their asses kicked when everyone booed the band and the vocalist went "Well, at least we have some fans," stupidly pointed to the guys wearing their shirt. Man, those guys got their asses handed to them!::animatedlaugh Also, pretty much everyone left when As I Lay Dying hit the stage, right after In Flames. The band was pissed.
::animatedlaugh That's great.
Yeah, pretty much everyone left before As I Lay Dying here, too...made me so fucking proud.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: